Hello, my journey of becoming a counsellor began in 2007 after a fourteen year career in psychiatric healthcare. My career prior to becoming a counsellor had given me an understanding of being non-judgemental and respectful whilst providing a safe boundaried environment. My decision to begin counselling training was to allow clients the opportunity to have a voice and also feel heard.
During my time as a trainee counsellor I volunteered for a variety of agencies working with both children & adults.
I have gained many years experience of working within NHS Primary Care Systems and with supporting agencies.
I currently work supporting clients for two small charities and I have a small but busy private practice.
Below are listed some of my qualifications, a full list is available on request.
- PG Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (SPTI, Coventry University)
- BSc (Hons) Integrative Counselling (Middlesex University)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Studies-Level 3 (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2 (CPCAB)
I regularly attend training and CPD workshops and have mentioned a few below:
Counselling Client Couples, Cultural Diversity, Bereavement & Loss, Counselling Clients through Family Issues, Counselling with Tools and Props, Unlocking Abuse & Managing its Implications,PTSD, Child Protection Training …. this list is also ever growing and available on request.